What is TWO-FOLD or Two ply Cloth?
High end fabrics used in the production of the seasonal shirts are produced from fine natural fibres in two-fold super fine cotton like 100s,120s and 140s. Two-fold cotton has 2 yarns that have been twisted together tightly to form one yarn, advantages over a single yarn fabric (singles) are that it is a more durable fabric, weaker spots are reinforced and yarns are stronger and do not fray easily. Normally these types of fabrics are mentioned as 2/60s, 2/80s, 2/100s, 2/120s. Here 2 stands for two ply or two fold.
View our top Questions.
Other commonly asked questions about Fabrics and their Features
- What is Micro Suede?
- What is Dormieul?
- What is Super 100s, 110s, 120s, 130s, 150s, and 180s?
- what is the designer brand Collections?
- What is SEERSUCKER?
- What is ply?
- What is yarn size?
- What is thread count?
- What is a Burn Test? How do I test a fabric?
- What is manufactured – Man Made Fabrics and kinds of manufactured fiber?
- What is hemp fiber and jute?
- What are weaves and how are they different from fabrics?
- What is cotton? What are its uses?
- What is wool? What are the different kinds of wool and their advantages?
- What kind of cloth is linen and of what kind of material is linen composed of?
- What is Glen Plaid?
- What is vicuna wool?
- What are natural fibers made from? What is a Natural Fiber?
I have a question about another topic.
I have a different question about Fabrics and their Features (Send an Email)