What is Micro Suede?
Micro suede is just another term for Microfiber that is woven to look like real suede. Usually a nylon/polyester blended yarn that is spun into a microfiber like fabric. It is then brushed twice to achieve the suede touch. The first brushing is applied before dyeing and the second brushing is considered a "suede" process which actually is brushed with pins. Then the fabric is dyed and sheared which gives the final suede look and touch.
Other commonly asked questions about Fabrics and their Features
- What is TWO-FOLD or Two ply Cloth?
- What is Dormieul?
- What is Super 100s, 110s, 120s, 130s, 150s, and 180s?
- what is the designer brand Collections?
- What is SEERSUCKER?
- What is ply?
- What is yarn size?
- What is thread count?
- What is a Burn Test? How do I test a fabric?
- What is manufactured – Man Made Fabrics and kinds of manufactured fiber?
- What is hemp fiber and jute?
- What are weaves and how are they different from fabrics?
- What is cotton? What are its uses?
- What is wool? What are the different kinds of wool and their advantages?
- What kind of cloth is linen and of what kind of material is linen composed of?
- What is Glen Plaid?
- What is vicuna wool?
- What are natural fibers made from? What is a Natural Fiber?
I have a different question about Fabrics and their Features (Send an Email)