Just a quick note to thank you for my recent order - I have just received a fabulous quality shirt made perfectly to measure and in double quick time. Many thanks. I will certainly be ordering again. (One small criticism - the "matching" tie I ordered is not really what I would call a match... I would have preferred a tie in the same fabric as the shirt... but I suppose this is a matter of taste, and it´s a nice tie anyway!)
Many thanks in any case (and if you wish to use my comments on your website, please do).
Adam F.........Lawyer, Barcelona, Spain
Ravistailor News Articles
Clothing Laws For Discerning Dresser
October 21st, 2007
LAWS OF DRESSING
1. You don’t have to spend a lot on clothes to look like you’ve spent a lot.
2. Dark color will always look more authoritative.
3. Classics are classics for a reason.
4. Dressing appropriately is like having good manners.
5. A tie should always be tied and in place, not worn half mast.
6. Nobody sees the label.
7. Quality is more important than quantity.
8. When in doubt, wear navy or Grey.
9. Clothes don’t make the man. (Though they can fake the man.)
TIPS OF SMART SHOPPING
1. Dress appropriately for the stores you will be shopping in.
2. Wear a white dress shirt, dress socks, and the shoes you would wear for the outfit.
3. Always try things on.
4. Always look in the mirror , preferably a there-way mirror
5. If it doesn’t look good in the store, it won’t look good at home.
6. There’s nothing with the lights in the store.
7. When something is on sale, don’t buy it unless you would have bought it at full price if you could have afforded it.
8. Something that’s a little big can be tailored to fit. Something that’s tight will only get tighter.
9. Shoes don’t stretch.
10. The salesperson is supposed to tell you it looks great on you.
1. Jackets that are too tight in the shoulders, snug in the waist, and won’t button make you look like a trussed turkey.
2. Wear socks to the office, unless you work at the beach.
3. Just because it looked good on you ten years ago, doesn’t mean it still does.
4. Until you see the animals lining up in toes, don’t have your pants tailored too short. They should have a break. Don’t let your jacket be too short, your bottom line should never be visible.
5. Belt are to hold up your pants not some sort of technology tool holder. Pagers, phones and other digital elements belong in jacket pockets.
6. Pants that are too baggy look silly and pants that are too tight just look uncomfortable.
7. Wearing suspenders and a belt is redundant…and redundant.
8. You will look like a squeezed tube of toothpaste if your shirt is too tight in the collar.
9. Hoods on overcoats.
10. If you have to ask if it goes together, it probably doesn’t.
WHO LOOKS PROFESSIONAL AND WHAT ARE THEY WEARING?
One of the basic rules of office attire is: Dress for the job you want to have, not the job you have. So look around. Who has that job now? And how does he dress for that job? Now, who does he work for and so on.
Every office or corporation has a dress code. Learning to read yours properly is a major step toward getting ahead.
ALL DRESSED UP AND SOMEWHERE TO GO
Once you have cracked the office dress code, you have to consider what to wear for different professional occasions and situations. What may be appropriate for a morning meeting might not work for a business lunch or for a presentation. Begin by asking yourself what message you want to send and then find the appropriate clothes in your closet. Here a few different scenarios:
Leading a meeting Obviously what you’re after here is authority, and nothing says authority like a suit. After all, there’s reason why when people refer to management they call them “suits” Since, in many offices, men remove their jackets while working, pay attention to the shirt you’re wearing: Make sure it’s crisp and clean.
Giving a presentation When giving a presentation, you clearly want to have authority and draw attention to yourself. The key here is not to draw so much attention that you take away from the presentation.
Once again, a suit is called for with a shirt and tie. And here is how you draw attention to yourself: With the tie. Without being too ostentations or visually distracting, the shirt-and-tie combination should reflect power. Perhaps a shirt with French cuffs and a woven tie?
Client lunch It is, of course, most important to come across as professional, but you must also be able to read the culture of the culture of the person you are meeting. Do they wear suits? Sport jacket? What about ties? The goal here is to be yourself but, at the client by dressing more formally than they do; rather, show them the proper respect by dressing up more than you normally do if their corporate culture is more formal than yours.
Job review This is just like a job interview so look your best. If you normally wear a suit to office, do so now. If you don’t usually wear one, doing so will only make you look stiff and feel uncomfortable. In that case, you should still dress up: Wear a sport jacket and tie. Show that you care, but don’t look at thought you’re trying too hard.
Boss wants to have drinks First of all, relax. It’s only good. If you wear in trouble, you would go to boss, the boss, the boss wouldn’t come to you. That said, look sharp. Yes, it’s a social to show your personally. In other words, wear a tie that the boss might admire. Or a unique pair of cuff inks that might spark a conversation. And don’t drink too much.
From – Dress Smart for Men
Ravistailor International News Archives
- How To Determine Appropriate Thread Count (May 20th, 2013)
- Choosing Accessories For Your Custom Suit (May 7th, 2013)
- How To Choose Your Custom Tailor (May 3rd, 2013)
- How To Choose Big And Tall Suit (April 23rd, 2013)
- How To Dress The Petite Frame (April 11th, 2013)
- The Custom Pieces That Everyone Should Own (April 1st, 2013)
- Creating A Wardrobe Of Mens Custom Clothing (March 5th, 2013)
- A Well Built Athletes Body (February 19th, 2013)
- Custom Made Women’s Suits (January 28th, 2013)
- Dig Yourself Out Of A Fashion Rut (January 10th, 2013)
- A Great Way To Pair Denim (November 26th, 2012)
- How To Tell Your Custom Suit Fits (March 11th, 2012)
- Straight-of-grain Waistband Made Easy (January 16th, 2012)
- Types Of Cloth (January 8th, 2012)
- Thread Count (December 9th, 2011)
- Types Of Wool (November 17th, 2011)
- How To Make Your Own Custom Clothes Patterns (November 10th, 2011)
- Color Coordination (October 20th, 2011)
- Skirt Styles (September 25th, 2011)
- Trousers - With Pleats Or Flat Front? (August 22nd, 2011)
- Fashion Mistakes (August 4th, 2011)
- Mens Vintage Clothing (July 7th, 2011)
- Mandarin Suit (June 20th, 2011)
- Dressing Tips For Short Height Person (May 31st, 2011)
- Interview Attire (May 17th, 2011)
- Apparel, Clothing & Garments (April 25th, 2011)
- Fabric Manufacturing Techniques (March 28th, 2011)
- Fashion Trends For Women (March 14th, 2011)
- Formal Clothing For Men (February 17th, 2011)
- Types Of Collars On Dress Shirts (February 17th, 2011)
- Suit Etiquettes For Men 2 (January 28th, 2011)
- Suit Etiquette For Men (January 7th, 2011)
- Elements Of Formal Clothing - Part 4 (December 14th, 2010)
- How To Tie A Tie Is Most-asked Web Question In 2010 (December 13th, 2010)
- Elements Of Formal Clothing - Part 3 (November 10th, 2010)
- Elements Of Formal Clothing - Part 2 (November 9th, 2010)
- Elements Of Formal Clothing - Part 1 (November 8th, 2010)
- The Elements Of Wool Overcoat (October 19th, 2010)
- Advantages Of A Custom Made Shirt (October 18th, 2010)
- The Elements Of Black Tie Attire (September 22nd, 2010)
- Waistcoat Or Vest (September 13th, 2010)
- Frock Coat (August 31st, 2010)
- Types Of Skirt (August 23rd, 2010)
- The Silhouette (August 20th, 2010)
- Mens Fashion Rule (July 16th, 2010)
- How To Look Your Best! (July 13th, 2010)
- Cool Cotton Pyjamas For Summer (July 12th, 2010)
- Wool - A Versatile Fabric For Fine Custom Garments (June 28th, 2010)
- What Is A Thread Count? (June 5th, 2010)
- Linen Clothing (June 1st, 2010)
- Styles In Womens & Mens Waistcoats (May 7th, 2010)
- A Stylish Sport Coat Or Blazer (April 24th, 2010)
- Fashionable Suits For Men (March 22nd, 2010)
- Denim Fashion Trends Of The Season - Spring-summer 2010 (March 9th, 2010)
- Mens Dress Shirts (January 29th, 2010)
- Best Winter Suits For Men (January 15th, 2010)
- How To Choose Double Breasted Suit. (December 22nd, 2009)
- Groom Tuxedos For Wedding Ceremonies (December 4th, 2009)
- Topstitching Or Edge Stitching On Lapels And Pockets (November 21st, 2009)
- The Emerging Craze Of Custom Clothing (November 6th, 2009)
- How To Choose The Right Suit Which Compliment Your Body Type (October 23rd, 2009)
- Choosing Mens Suit- A Focus On Color (October 9th, 2009)
- What To Wear With Men Blazer Jacket (September 25th, 2009)
- Dress Shirts (September 14th, 2009)
- Mens Dress Shirts : Understanding The Effect Of Contrast & Seasons On Color Selection (August 23rd, 2009)
- The Importace Of Cotton Fabric (July 24th, 2009)
- Wool - A Luxury Fabric (July 13th, 2009)
- Men Dress Shirts (June 22nd, 2009)
- Invest In Custom Clothing - It Pays (big Time) (June 14th, 2009)
- Top 6 Reasons To Buy Custom Clothing Online (June 5th, 2009)
- Business Casual (June 1st, 2009)
- The History Of Tailoring: An Overview (May 24th, 2009)
- Dressing Appropriate According To Profession (March 25th, 2009)
- In Recession Dress Up To Cheer Up. (March 11th, 2009)
- Business Casual Attire (February 27th, 2009)
- Right Dressing Can Boost Your Confidence (February 23rd, 2009)
- Power Outfit (February 13th, 2009)
- Dressing For Success (February 5th, 2009)
- Perfect Interview Wardrobe (January 23rd, 2009)
- Choosing The Right Suit (December 27th, 2008)
- Style Vs. Fashion (December 8th, 2008)
- New Laws Of Fashion Part 1 (August 29th, 2008)
- Shop Smart: Building A Business Wardrobe (July 17th, 2008)
- The Interview Wardrobe For Women (June 20th, 2008)
- Rules Of Formal Dressing (May 29th, 2008)
- Dressing Depicts Your Attitude (April 18th, 2008)
- How To Design Your Wardrobe (March 9th, 2008)
- How To Buy Quality Products (February 18th, 2008)
- Shirts And Tie Wardrobe (February 11th, 2008)
- How To Shop Smart (January 15th, 2008)
- Wools Used For Mens And Womens Suits And Business Wear (December 22nd, 2007)
- Formal Business Attire (November 16th, 2007)
- Custom Clothing And Wardrobe Investment (October 11th, 2007)
- Ideal Custom Clothes For The Corporate Work Place (September 20th, 2007)
- Tailor Made Suits And Shirts For Work And Business (September 3rd, 2007)
- Accessories For Your Wardrobe (August 20th, 2007)
- Super Wools And Worsteds - What Are They? (August 13th, 2007)
- Tools Of The Trade (August 6th, 2007)
- Your Perfect Formal Wardrobe. (July 20th, 2007)
- Proper Dressing For An Interview. (July 10th, 2007)
- Dressing In The Corporate World. (July 2nd, 2007)
- Different Looks For Different Times. (June 22nd, 2007)
- The Importance Of Formal Cloths In Today's Life. (June 6th, 2007)
- Dress Smart - The Packaging Of You – How To Clothe Your Self (May 11th, 2007)
- Who Wears What To Work - Deciphering Industry Dress Codes (March 19th, 2007)
- Cracking The Dress Codes Of Business (February 26th, 2007)
- Clothes Talk, People Listen (February 13th, 2007)
- Interview Wardrobe - From Dress Smart - Wardrobes That Win In The New Workplace (February 5th, 2007)
- Do You Dress Smart? - From Dress Smart - Wardrobes That Win In The New Workplace (January 15th, 2007)
- Time To Suit Up For Business (December 25th, 2006)
- What To Wear To A Wedding - Ideal Clothing For The Wedding Guests (December 6th, 2006)
- The S-numbers Game - Makers Tout The Super Of Their Suit - We Put 10 To Test! (November 25th, 2006)
- How To Choose A Good Custom Tailor (November 18th, 2006)
- Your Closet - How To Store Your Clothing - Suits, Shirts And Accessories (November 5th, 2006)
- Dress For Interview Success (October 15th, 2006)
- The Tuxedo: Renting And Buying Basics (October 8th, 2006)
- The Easy Fix - The Seasons New Jacket Styles - A Quick Change From Fromal To Casual Wear (September 30th, 2006)
- Selling Custom Made To Measure Mens Suits, Shirts - Custom Clothing (September 23rd, 2006)
- Cotton - Hemp - Jute - Now In Custom Clothing (September 12th, 2006)
- When Travelling - How To Make Your Flight Comfortable And Wrinkle Free (September 2nd, 2006)
- Clothes Do Make The Man! - Or At Least The First Impression (August 12th, 2006)
- Wool Specialty Fibers - For Mens Suits (August 4th, 2006)
- How To Hire A Tailor For Custom Made Mens Suits And Mens Shirts (July 29th, 2006)
- On Fabrics - Natural And Synthetics (June 30th, 2006)
- Colours And What They Mean (June 26th, 2006)
- Thai Silk - Washing Silk At Home (June 2nd, 2006)
- Alan Flusser: Back To Basics (May 24th, 2006)
- Match Accessories To Business Wear Mens Clothing (May 15th, 2006)
- Halach Compliant Mitzvah Of Shatnez In Tailor Made Custom Clothing (May 8th, 2006)
- How To Clean Your Custom Tailored Clothing (April 22nd, 2006)
- Materials Used In Mens Custom Business Suits (April 13th, 2006)
- Secrets Of Buying A Mens Suit (April 3rd, 2006)
- Men And The Etiquette Of Wearing Hats (March 28th, 2006)
- History Of The Black Suit For Men (March 22nd, 2006)
- Natural And Synthetic Fiber Weaving - What And How (March 4th, 2006)
- Flight Suits And Dress When Travelling (February 25th, 2006)
- Mens Suits - Differences In British Cut And American Cut (February 18th, 2006)
- The Burn Test - How To Test Content And Composition Of Various Cloths (February 10th, 2006)
- The Numbers Game - What Does Super Wool Mean? (January 30th, 2006)
- The Tux: A Groom's Fashion Checklist (January 23rd, 2006)
- Lifestyle - Older, Wiser And Trendier - How Dressing Your Age Can Make You Look Younger (January 16th, 2006)
- How To Wear A Bespoke Mens Suit (January 9th, 2006)
- The Making Of A Bespoke Suit - By A Tailor. (December 19th, 2005)
- Harris Tweed - A Brief Take On The Tweed Jacket Cloth Industry (December 11th, 2005)
- Pleather - What Is Going On With Artificial Leather This Season - Pleather Over Leather? (December 4th, 2005)
- Words And Meanings Of The Custom Tailors World (November 28th, 2005)
- Moden Mens Clothing Continues To Evolve (November 17th, 2005)
- Why Do Men Button Left Over Right And Women Right Over Left? (November 3rd, 2005)
- ‘made In Italy’ Is Starting To Go Out Of Fashion (October 25th, 2005)
- Office Fashion Tip: Looking Grown Up Whatever Your Age (October 17th, 2005)
- Men's Fashion Grooming (September 26th, 2005)
- Wedding Guest Attire (September 19th, 2005)
- The Blazer (September 12th, 2005)
- Nip And Tuck (September 5th, 2005)
- Uniform Gets The Respect It Deserves (August 29th, 2005)
- Dry Cleaning Your Suits (July 19th, 2005)
- Dressing To Hide Your Weight, Dressing Tips For Bbw And Large Size Males (July 18th, 2005)
- A Bespoke Suit (July 11th, 2005)
- Detachable Collars On Custom Made Business And Formal Shirts - Brief History (July 4th, 2005)
- How To Ensure A Proper Fit (June 28th, 2005)
- Store Your Clothes... Properly (June 20th, 2005)
- Men’s Fashion: Suits (June 13th, 2005)
- The Ten Most Common Men's Fashion Mistakes (June 6th, 2005)
- Dressing For Job Interviews (May 31st, 2005)
- Loose Wire - The Art, And Technology, Of Packing Your Clothes (May 24th, 2005)
- There Is Something About Socks (May 17th, 2005)
- Men's Accessories: What Is Hot Now - For Weddings - For The Groomsman (May 9th, 2005)
- Preening Returns To Form -- And Thats Just Dandy (May 3rd, 2005)
- 2005 Spring/summer (April 26th, 2005)
- Luxurious Wool For Suits (April 18th, 2005)
- Some Suggestions For Randomly Selected Faq's (April 4th, 2005)
- Clothes Do Make The Man! - How Important Really Is What We Wear? (March 28th, 2005)
- The Tux: A Groom's Fashion Checklist (March 21st, 2005)
- The Tux: A Glossary Of Terms And Styles (March 7th, 2005)
- Mens Tailored Attire : - The Right Wedding Dress Code (February 4th, 2005)
- What Do Men In High Places Do (January 21st, 2005)
- The History Of Tailoring - An Overview (January 15th, 2005)
- The Return Of Elegance In Clothing (January 5th, 2005)
- Suits In Style This Season (December 20th, 2004)
- Fabrics In Fashion This Season (December 2nd, 2004)
- The Tuxedo: Sizing Basics (November 1st, 2004)
- The Gentleman´s Attire: The Right Tuxedo For A Wedding (October 9th, 2004)
- Men´s Attire: 4 Ways The Groom Can Stand Out (September 3rd, 2004)
- Mens Accessories: What Is Hot Now - For Weddings - For The Groomsman (August 9th, 2004)
- A General History Of Detachable Collars On Custom Made Business And Formal Shirts (July 5th, 2004)
- Update About Price Revision In The Coming Week (June 18th, 2004)
- Some Facts About Wool - Used For Clothing And Garments (May 31st, 2004)
- Vents In Suit Jackets, Button Hole In Lapels And Cricket (May 3rd, 2004)
- Buttons - Turn Ups In Pants - And Bales Of Fine Wool (April 7th, 2004)
- Tomorrow´s E-wardrobe..custom Clothing Online (March 5th, 2004)
- Business Clothing And The Custom Tailor Made Mens Wear (January 24th, 2004)
- Happy Colours, Fun Foods Ahead In 2004 (December 23rd, 2003)
- Size Matters! (November 3rd, 2003)
- Knowing Colours Is Key To Being Fashion Conscious..the Hue For You (September 29th, 2003)
- Ravis Tailor September Winter Styles And Fashions Update (September 9th, 2003)
- The Business Mans Wardrobe (September 2nd, 2003)
- Man, His Clothes, Attire And His Watch ! (August 3rd, 2003)
- Custom Clothes Make The Man - Part 1 - Suits, Sports Jackets, Pants, Trousers, And Topcoats (June 29th, 2003)
- The Necktie - From Tie History By Allan Flusser (March 23rd, 2003)
- Don't Be A Casual Casualty! (February 1st, 2003)
- Specials For 25 November To 15 December (November 23rd, 2002)
- Cracking The Dress Code - Formal (November 5th, 2002)
- Newsletter October 2002 (October 3rd, 2002)
- Traveling - Your Wardrobe : Packing-care And The Secrets Of Wrinkle-free Travel Part 2 (September 21st, 2002)
- Update On Products And Services - August 2002 (August 1st, 2002)
- Traveling - Your Wardrobe : Packing-care And The Secrets Of Wrinkle-free Travel Part 1 (July 23rd, 2002)
- Custom Shirts (June 23rd, 2002)
- Newsletter June 2002 (June 6th, 2002)
- The Meaning Of Custom Tailoring (May 7th, 2002)
- April Update And Newsletter (April 7th, 2002)
- The Custom Tailor Made Formal Wear (March 18th, 2002)
- The Custom Tailor Made Dress Shirt (November 23rd, 2001)
- Shopping And The Body Type For Mens Suits And Shirts (October 6th, 2001)
- Shopping And The Body Type 2 - Short, Small Sizes For Men (August 7th, 2001)
- Shopping And The Body Type - Small, Slim, Short, Men (July 10th, 2001)
- Top Quality Mens Suits And Shirts Custom Tailor Made To Measure (July 2nd, 2001)
- Assessing A Garment's Fit And Structure - Mens Custom Made Suits, Vests, Trousers, Three Piece (June 12th, 2001)
- Assessing A Suits Longevity - Custom Tailor For Men's Clothing (May 14th, 2001)
- Custom Tailored Custom Clothing By Custom Tailor (May 7th, 2001)
- Clothes Make The Man (part 3) (April 27th, 2000)
- Clothes Make The Man (part 2) (March 16th, 2000)
- Clothes Make The Man (January 1st, 2000)
- Western Style Business Suits (January 4th, 1990)
- Western Style Business Suits (January 4th, 1990)
Links to more information of the custom tailors world of tailor made mens and womens clothing and apparel. Here you will find information on textiles, styles, designs and fabrics for custom tailored suits, shirts, pants, coats, jackets, leather and suede garments and more.