What are natural fibers made from? What is a natural fiber?
Natural fibers are created using fibers of animals coats, silkworm cocoons, plant seeds, leaves, and stems. Click on the natural fiber below for information on each fiber and their weaves.
- Wool fibers come from animal coats; sheep, goats, rabbits, alpacas, llama, etc.
- Cotton fibers come from the cotton plant´s seed pod.
- Silk Fibers come from the cocoon of the silkworm.
- Linen comes from flax, a bast fiber taken from the stalk of the plant.
- Hemp, Ramie, and Jute are similar to linen but the plants are processed slightly differently.
Other commonly asked questions about Fabrics and their Features